The 51 Thessaloniki International Film Festival was organized with a very limited budget (know first hand from those who exhibited their kiosk there). This meant a very short opening ceremony and first of all lower awards among others. But the choice of films was great (among them a review of films of Dorota Kędzięrzawska). My favourites: Mammuth (France, with Gerard Depardieu and hilarious scenes of two old guys bed and of night golf), Donkeys (Scotland), Limbo (Sweden).
About the polish director’s film: I saw one “Jestem/I am” (just because the scheduled film was cancelled, otherwise I would not see films which I can see in Poland). The audiuence was very enthusiastic and the film was awarded with a long ovation. For me, well it was a good movie, but like so many other “polish movies” – a sad drama, about a fragile individual trapped in a lousy social background. I guess for the greek audience it was something new and fresh.
No comments:
Post a Comment