Sunday, July 6, 2008

Drama

For 2 days I felt like on real holidays being hosted (thank you again Savva:) ) in Drama, 2 hours North-East of Thessaloniki. Seing places with someone who lives them is such a different experience. This is Greece you do not get to see being an outsider, the landscapes have nothing to do with postcards, holiday prospects etc. And on the way to Drama the view changed every 5 minutes, quite a range for one ride, isn't it?

Who spots a house in the 'jungle'? ;))

When in Drama, climbed a hill overseeing the city. The view was definitely worth the effort of hiking in flip-flops.

Have you ever seen a homeless turtle?!! We spot this one on the way.
A bit more of urban feeling (a corner with bougatzidika):
And about 1 hour drive from Drama: looooong deserted beaches, that is what I like:))
Unfortunately I have no pics from lunch with great company in a lovely tavern 'ta Platanakia' with unbelivable chicken in mustard sauce. Mniaaaam.

No comments: