What an evening...
Went to see Dionisios Savvopoulos - a major Greek (NOT rock) star - live. First time I saw him in Cyprus and was really impressed. He's been forever on stage so neither teens nor pensioners are rare among his fans.
The concert was fantastic- a bit of everything, incluing rembetico and bouzouki in a rocky style (no, no, I do not have the greek music savvy - I was enlighted by my companion, who does:)).
Plus the santa-clause-like star- Savvopoulos himself (pic taken in Cyprus, Nov.2007):
Plus the santa-clause-like star- Savvopoulos himself (pic taken in Cyprus, Nov.2007):
Plus surprises: apparently for those who cannot stand the heavy-aged rock'n'roller for too long there was an interlude of Tom Waits' pieces (not in person obviously!).
I even excuse utter lack of hearing and voice of one of the performers. Let's say it was not his day;)
No comments:
Post a Comment