Saturday, December 11, 2010

New discoveries

There was this street I wanted to find in Thessaloniki, in the area of Ano Poli – Mousson. This street was the background of the autobiographic novel by Antonis Sourounis “ Monopati sthn Thalassa” – story of sweet but difficult childhood in this used-to-be poor area of the city. I was so charmed that I needed to see all the places I read about. Now this cul de sac is renovated but the houses remained very small, with low ceiling and line even more towards the ground.
Although the area is very small the grid of tiny streets is quite dense so I had a problem to find it and made circles for over half an hour.














The church of ... (forgot) and the big tree under which little Antonis would make his fake lottery and play with other boys.

















When searching for Mouson I found a spooky building I have never seen before:
Some other peculiar structures noticed for the first time in places I thought I knew well:

No comments: