Monday, December 3, 2007

Kato Drys -Little Paris of Cyprus

I counted and it was my 10th village visited in a year (happy aniversary!!;))) . There are so many left and I will have no time to discover them! Kato Drys is an amazing, cute village. The difference between other villages I saw and this one is that in Kato Drys EVERY house is built/renovated the traditional way. It is a normal residential area, not a ‘theme park’. Its just that the residents take care of maintaining the uniqueness of the old rural architecture. It is a mixture of village and city architecture - this due to some Italian and French influence in the area. Due to these frenchie elements the village is called The Little Paris (ok, that is a bit of an overstatement). We also had a yummy lunch in a local tavern, then wandered for really long around the little streets and ended up in a dodgy kafeneio and hosted with a coffee on the house. I will really miss these Sunday escapades...



No comments: